Sunday, April 18, 2010

Mini Book

Some time ago I stumbled across this adorable mini book and bookmarked the tutorial for future use.  Well, the future is upon us, my friends.

I managed to incorporate the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge and Curtain Call 26 color challenge as well {bonus!}.

Yesterday I attended this fabulous Stampin' Up! workshop and one of the things we made was a mini scrapbook album in a mini rectangular tin.  My good friend Donna thought that this would make a nice gift for my niece who is going to be graduating next month.  What a fabulous idea I thought, until I remembered that I have TWO nieces graduating next month.  I couldn't possibly give this to one of the without something similar for the other.  Enter this mini book.  It is super adorable and I can't wait to fill both albums with pictures of both of them as they grew up.  One is graduating from college and the other from high school (they are sisters) and I couldn't be more proud to be their aunt.  Here is the inside of the mini book.  (Please excuse the images of the inside of my light box.  (I knew I should have bought the bigger one when I had the chance)!

10 comments:

Stacey Schafer said...

great project, Jen! thanks for sharing it at the Curtain Call!

Marisa said...

Wonderful project! I'm sure your nieces will love it. Great use of this week's Curtain Call colours. Love how you mixed the sets. Thanks for playing along this week :D

Shelley said...

Wow! What an incredible polished project. Just impeccable work. Thanks for sharing it with the Curtain Call. Hope to see you again!

Sue said...

great work with the colours and the project, I love the shadow effect on the main image! thanks for playing along with us this week! :)

Lea L. said...

Very pretty! I love that butterfly stamp! Thanks for joining us at the curtain call!

♥♥♥Lea

Christa said...

Very beautiful!!!

Karen B. said...

Fabulous idea, and lovely outcome. Really like that pop of yellow!

Jenn Diercks said...

Your mini book is gorgeous! I'm sure which ever niece you give it to will love it. Thanks so much for sharing your creation with me.

Jenn

Margaret Moody said...

I love this idea, Jen! The mini albums are so pretty and I know your nieces will love them! Thanks for sharing your inspiring creation!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Beautiful, love the clean design & shadow stamping! Thanks so much for playing the Curtain Call this week! xx