Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Crumb Cake Thank You

I seem to be on a Crumb Cake (f/k/a Kraft) kick lately.  But no matter what you call it, you must agree that it looks great with just about any color.

It seems to be featured in a lot of color challenges lately and that's just fine with me.  I think my fascination with it started when I was a kid and I used to cover my school books with paper made from grocery bags.  Then when I got older and a little more crafty, I ordered some ribbed craft paper from a specialty store and started making my own gift bags.  Then I discovered stamping and just had to have a supply of it in card stock.  There's something about the earthiness of the color that appeals to me.

For this card I combined the Color Throwdow Act 39 color challenge with the Fall-To Layout 99 sketch.  This is my first time using the Fast and Fabulous stamp set, and I've got to say it's pretty fabulous.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to stamp today!

6 comments:

Stacey Schafer said...

Pretty card! Thanks for playing the CURTAIN CALL:)

stampingwithlulu said...

Just found your blog through a link you left on Taylored Expressions sketch challenge. I just wanted to tell you that you have a very lovely blog. Great cards! So please keep them coming!
TFS!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Great combination of challenges to pull off this beauty! Love the colours and image and I'll never get used to crumb cake either LOL!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Nice how you could combine two challenges in one card. Pretty.

Marisa said...

Fabulous CAS card using this week's Curtain Call colours! Thanks for playing along with us :D

Sue Lelli said...

So pretty! LOVE the dies cuts and the colors rock!