Wednesday, July 14, 2010

MTSC82 Birthday

This card was so easy to put together.  Of course, it helps when you have inspiration from an awesome sketch over at Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge.


I dug out my retired Ginger Blossoms paper and discovered that the Ruby Red flowers in it are a very close match to Riding Hood Red.  I can barely tell the difference in real life.  I used the super skinny new SU! taffeta ribbon, which is nice but I'm going to have to figure out a better way to stick it to cardstock.  I don't like my ribbons to move around, so I generally fix it with tape runner, but this ribbon is really slim.  I ran my ATG over it, then just rubbed off the parts that showed on the top and bottom.  Not very efficient but it got the job done.  Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to stamp today!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

You've inspired me to get out my retired ginger blossoms and use it up! I'm with ya on the moving ribbon- I don't like it. I use thermoweb zips. They are only 1/8 wide and work perfectly; just make sure you have it right the first time!