Friday, August 6, 2010

MTSC85 and {Sort Of} a Color Challenge

This week has been absurdly busy for me.  I've had so many errands to run after work that today (Friday) is the first day I've managed to make it home while it's still light out.  As a result I haven't really spent a lot of time stamping and tonight I was determined to make a card following a challenge or two.

I managed to follow Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge and I was trying to follow the Curtain Call Act 41 Color Challenge, but after I put the card together I realized I was supposed to use Whisper White instead of Very Vanilla.  Oops.  I really wanted to use the twill tape I have in my stash and that is, of course, vanilla in color, so my {sort of} color challenge card was born. While I was making this, I also realized that I don't have enough oval nesties!  I wanted to use a different size scallop and regular oval, but I didn't have the correct sizes, so I settled for this wider version.  Nothing like a little quality time in your craft room (that is no doubt loaded with supplies you've forgotten you have) to make you realize that you DON'T HAVE something that you CAN'T live without!!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to stamp today!

No comments: