Friday, September 24, 2010

PPA61 Snowflakes

Today, I decided to take a trip in the wayback machine.  I saw the awesome sketch challenge over at the Pals Paper Arts blog and decided that I wanted to do a something winterish.  At first I thought I'd do a Christmas card, but after I got going I settled on "winter."

Isn't this a fabulous sketch?  Clean, simple, but easily embellished if you want.  So where did my trip in the wayback machine take me?  All the way back to 2006 and the first In Colors!  I have a whole bunch of dp called Holiday Thyme from that era and for some reason, I was determined to use it on this card.  Of course, this also meant that I had to dig into my ages-old stash of Cranberry Crisp cardstock.

I even managed to use another 2006 In Color, Marigold Morning to cut the snowflake with my sizzix die.  Then I used my heat & stick powder to add some dazzling diamonds and make it really sparkle.  I'm pretty sure you can't see all that sparkly goodness in the photo, but trust me it's there.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to stamp today!

3 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Love the blast from the past! Pretty holiday card and I always love sparkly snowflakes! Thanks for joining us at PPA!

Ann Schach said...

I loved my trip in the "Wayback Machine"! Simply beautiful! Love it! Thanks for playing @ PPA!

Stampin' Diva said...

Love when you discover the old and make it new again. The color combination is perfect. Wonderful and refreshing take on the Pals Paper Arts challenge. Thanks for playing with us.