Friday, February 18, 2011

Inkspirations 58 and Viva La Verve

I've had a busy week.  It seems like every night this week I've had something to do after work.  So it's nice to be home tonight and spend some time in my stamp room thinking about creative things.  One thing I checked out was the Inkspirations challenge and I have to say at first glance I was very intimidated.

These are not colors that I would ordinarily pair together.  My first reaction was that I would move on to something else, but the more I looked at it the more I wanted to give it a try.

So I searched around until I found a Verve challenge that I thought would work nicely with this color combo.

Maybe it was the stitching.  Maybe it was the skewed panels.  But something made me want to give this a try.  And I thought that the Inkspirations color challenge was just the thing.

So, I inked up my Seeing Stars stamp set (for the first time) and set to work.  I'm actually really pleased at how this turned out.  Despite my original misgivings I think these colors are fabulous together.  It could be a masculine card (and we all know how hard those are to do), or it could just be a cool card with modern colors!  What I especially like is that the Early Espresso panel has plenty of room to add a sentiment depending on what I might need later!  
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to stamp today!

3 comments:

Denise Willerton said...

i love what you've done with this color challenge ~ it intimidates me as well, but I really want to give this a try as well ~ you did a great job! TFS

Marisa said...

Fabulous masculine card. Love how you used the sanded BG for the one panel. Thanks so much for joining us over at Inkspirations this week :)

Cindy Major said...

Thanks for playing along with us! I like the stars combined by the color combo :)

Cindy