Friday, February 4, 2011

PPA79 Birthday

Yesterday, the big Brown truck paid a visit to my house!  And that big Brown truck left me a nice box of goodies on my doorstep!  I think it might be a while before I manage to work my way through that box of goodies, but never fear:  I will persevere!  I did manage to break out one new stamp set:  Bring on the Cake!

Being Thursday and all, I checked out the Pals Paper Arts challenge this week.  I thought it was a rather unusual color combo.

A lot of times, when I see an unusual color combo I go running as fast as possible in the opposite direction, but sometimes I see colors that I really like individually and figure that I ought to be able to think of something with them all together.

I had a vague notion of making this card for my sister's birthday in June.  I'm not sure you can tell in the picture, but the "happy," "4," "7," and "th" are in Ruby Red while the rest of the numbers are in Rich Razzleberry.  I'm not sure she'll be all that thrilled to have her age highlighted for all posterity, but I kind of like the idea of this card!

And by the way, she's not 74!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to stamp today!

2 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Fabulous use of the challenge colors! Great layout!

None None said...

What a great way to spotlight that stamp set. Love the layout and your take on the color challenge.