Sunday, March 13, 2011

Friday Mashup 35 and Color Throwdown 132

Today, my card focuses on the latest Color Throwdown color challenge and the Friday Mashup sketch challenge.

Of course, I see a challenge that calls for Crumb Cake and I'm all over it!  I'm not sure it's possible for me to resist!  As I was perusing my stash of designer paper for these colors, I came across the retired Parisian Breeze specialty paper.  If you don't remember this paper, at first glance it appears to be just regular double-sided paper, but the specialty part refers to it's heavy-weight and texture.  I have been hoarding it for quite some time and I think it is so special that I suspect I will continue to hoard it for a while longer!  But I did use a bit for this card.

 One thing that occured to me as I assembled this card, is just how close Baja Breeze and Soft Sky are!  For the record, the first layer on this card is Baja Breeze followed by a piece of the aforementioned Parisian Breeze specialty paper in Baja Breeze.  The small circles layered on the Crumb Cake scallop border are Sofy Sky as well as the bigger butterfly.  The sketch did not call for a sentiment, which is fine by me.  This is the kind of card that can remain blank until you find an occasion to use it.  It's very simple to stamp an appropriate sentiment on it when you need it.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to stamp today!

7 comments:

Holly said...

This is so pretty.. Those colors are great and I love that paper... I didn't even think that Baja Breeze and Soft Sky where that close.. It's been so long since I've seen Soft Sky. I vote they bring all the Incolors back. My favorite is that Butterfly lol.. Thanks for joining us at The Mashup!

Terry said...

I love the way your ribbon looks, and the way you made the scallops! Terrific card. Thanks for playing with us at Friday Mashup!.

Keva said...

This is so pretty! I really like the scallops under the ribbon and the way you scrunched the ribbon. Thanks for joining us at Color Throwdown.

Broni said...

Gorgeous card! I love everything about it! Thanks so much for playing along in the Color Throwdown!

Vicky Hayes said...

Daffodil with Baja? Who knew?!

Lesa said...

That card is gorgeous!! Love how you scrunched the ribbon~~ I so want to do that now too!! Thanks for sharing!

Jen Timko said...

Another beautiful card!! Love this DSP and the butterfly is perfect!