Thursday, April 14, 2011

Color Lab Challenge 37

Thursday is ColorLab challenge day!  I hope you can join us to create something with these fabulous colors!

For my card, I decided to do a birthday card.  I always seem to run out of those!  Rose Red and Regal Rose seem to want to inspire me to do some kind of floral card, but I make tons of those already so I really wanted to challenge myself to do something a little different.  I thought the latest MOJO sketch was quite interesting so that's what I used for my layout.

I ended up combining some designer paper from the Sweet Pea designer pack and a retired 6x6 pack called Patterns Pack II to make a birthday card.  The Always Artichoke provided some nice contrast to the layers and I'm pretty pleased with how this turned out!

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to pop on over to the ColorLab and check out the challenge this week.  The design team has some great inspiration for you!

5 comments:

Kim O'Connell said...

Ooooh! I do love how you wear tied that twine!

Anonymous said...

I love how you used the colors without flowers. Gorgeous.

Sunflower Stamper said...

Great job!!! I too like the "non floral" look. :)

Stacy said...

Love the colors on this card! Your design is great too. I could see using this design with several other color combos for a great all-around birthday (or other occassions) card. What stamp set(s) did you use?

Jen Mitchell said...

Stacy - The stamp sets I used are Afterthoughts (which is a Hostess set in the latest catalog) and Happy Moments which was a Sale-A-Bration set from last year.