Saturday, June 25, 2011

Color Throwdown 147 and Deconstructed Sketch 7

This week the fine and talented ladies at the Color Throwdown brought out an old favorite of mine:  Sage Shadow.
Last year, when Stampin' Up! retired loads of colors there were a few that I couldn't bring myself to part with and Sage Shadow was one of them.  I've got my stamp pad, some cardstock and even some designer paper so it was fun to get out all three for this challenge!  I've recently come across the Deconstructed Sketch challenge and this week they've got another adorable sketch.  So, off I went to combine the two challenges.

I love square cards and I love rounded edges, so this sketch had it all going on for me!  Plus that round layer said "button" to me, and I can't say no to a button!

I just love adding small touches of black to a card.  It always seems to give it a bit of depth.  I did a little bit of rock-and-roll on my flowers.  I stamped them first in Blushing Bride then rolled the edges with Cherry Cobbler.  There are actually two flowers here in graduated sizes, but it's tough to see them layered on top of one another when they are the same color.  So I layered them with dimensionals and combined with the rock-and-roll coloring, they look quite distinct.  At least in real life they do!

Thanks for stopping by today!

7 comments:

Arielle H Gordon said...

WOW, This is SUPER GORGEOUS, Jen!!!I LOVE that flower, and you did an awesome job with the sketch, too! Thanks so much for using this week's Deconstructed Sketch!

Marisa said...

Gorgeous double challenge card!! Way to flash some Verve :) Love the rock and roll on the flowers and touches of black (my favorite thing to do on a card)

Lesley said...

Another fabulous creation! Where do you find the time! Next week I am on Summer Vacation and I am going to try to keep up to you!!!
Hugs,
Lesley

Vicky Hayes said...

I love your take on this sketch. I love your use of buttons - must try and use mine more!

Allison said...

This is so gorgeous! Fabulous way to combine the challenges!

Anonymous said...

Have I told you lately that I LOVE YOUR DISTINCT STYLE!!!!!! Beautiful Jeanette!!! Hey come on by for the pizza party the girls would love to see you!

Kristin Eberline said...

Well I'm certainly delighted that you held onto Sage Shadow! This is just lovely, Jen! Your big bloom and pretty leafy vine are a gorgeous focal point! That patterned paper is a perfect base.

Thanks for playing along with the Color Throwdown this week!