Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sketchbook Saturday 15 and Creative Sketches 36

I'm kind of new to the Creative Sketches challenge blog but I liked these colors and thought I'd give their latest challenge a try.

With colors like these I should really use the opportunity to get a head start on my Christmas cards, but I ended up going in a different direction.  I paired the colors with the cute square Sketchbook Saturday sketch.
I love making square cards, I just wish that the post office didn't charge extra postage when you mail something square.  I don't really know what the point of that is, but I usually make cards like these 4 1/4 inches so they fit in an A2 envelope.  And that size is super cute to boot!

I know that you're shocked to see these faux-mother-of-pearl flowers, but I can't seem to help myself.  I'm fast dwindling my supply of glossy card stock because I keep making these, too!  I actually end up wasting a bit of the cardstock, because it's very slippery when you try to stamp on it with an inked-up stamp.  You have to be very careful that the stamp doesn't slide around and leave a bad impression.  That's the voice of experience there!

The weather here this weekend has been absolutely terrible.  We went from sunny, 90+ degree weather a few short days ago to wet, soggy 50-degree weather.  It's been a good opportunity to stay in the house and get some cleaning done, but I've had enough.  Why is it that we get all the good weather during the week when I'm at work and can't enjoy it and the lousy weather comes when I'm home on the weekend?  Grrrrr!

Thanks for stopping by today!

6 comments:

Allison said...

This is beautiful! Love the CAS design!

Cynthia said...

This is such a pretty card! I see you like the Fabulous Florets stamp set too!!

Vicky Hayes said...

Funny how the post office charges more for a square card - I'm sure they don't do that here in the UK. I love your flowers and leaves against that wonderful background. Vx

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh Jen, this is gorgeous!! Perfectly paper pieced flowers, great arrangement, beautiful layout! I'm so glad you used my sketch :)

dstandard said...

Beautiful card! Gorgeous stamp and paper piecing!

ArtisticInkspirations said...

Very nice combining of the colors Jen... you were selected winner for Creative-Sketches color challenge for week 36!! Thanks for playing along!! Keep up the beautiful work!