Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Paper Players 65

I've been plugging away making Christmas cards lately, but I still haven't settled on a design that can be easily mass-produced.  Last year I made so many cards for challenges that I almost had enough to satisfy my Christmas card list, but this year I'd like to have a design of one or two that can be recreated fairly easily in case I need to make some in a hurry.  I'm not saying that I sometimes forget to send cards to people, it's just that sometimes I forget to send cards to people.  Hey, we old folks are forgetful sometimes.  Just you wait, it will happen to you too!

So in this spirit, I found The Paper Players sketch challenge very helpful in my Christmas card quest.



Now, some of you might remember that I've been busy trying to use up my Christmas designer paper from years past.  The one you see here is called Holiday Lounge and it's another reason why I saved what Ruby Red and Taken With Teal cardstock that I had on hand.  The designer paper has a very cool, seventies, sort of retro look to it.  I never seem to make a card that does this paper justice, but I actually like this one quite a bit.  I softened the edges by sponging some Sahara Sand on pretty much every white surface you see, as well as all the designer papers.  It really does help to soften the overall look of the card and I'm glad I did it (despite some initial misgivings about it)!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

13 comments:

My Creative Side said...

Love those old colors and DSP! wish i had some of that!! love it!! Lucky person who will receive it!

Lesley said...

Awesome card Jen, love this ornament set and how you have used it. Christmas is coming fast!!! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players!

Aileen said...

Very pretty. The papers are lovely with the bauble design. x

Allison said...

Love this! I have tons of this paper left too because I loved the retro feel!

Vicky Hayes said...

I love this retro feel paper too!

Rita W said...

I think that stamp set is so perfect with that paper! Beautiful card! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!

Sandie Conner said...

That is some oldie but goodie DSP. It matches the stamp set perfectly. Great card! Thanks for having fun with The Paper Players this week!

jaydee said...

Jen, how wonderful to see some "old" DSP and an "old" stamp! they look gorgeous together. Such a crisp, clean color choice - I'd forgetten how wonderful it is. I love your clean take on the challenge. So glad you joined the Paper Players again this week, I so love visiting your creations
Jaydee

Tara Bilbao said...

Jen, I love this card and it really tugs at my heart strings - I miss Holiday Lounge!! Great use of this paper for the sketch - you DID do it justice. Thank you for joining us this week at The Paper Players!

LeAnne said...

I never got this paper but I am wishing I did! I love the retro feel of this! Thanks for playing with us at the Paper Players this week!

Ann Schach said...

Love it, Jen! Clean and retro! Great job! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players this week!

Julie Marshall said...

LOVE the colors you chose and your take on the sketch. Putting the panels closer together was a great idea. Thanks so much for joining us at the Paper Players this week!

Penny Hanuszak said...

The DSP choice and the cardstock are just perfect for this card. Love the retro look and love the fact that I still have some of this cs and DSP that I can haul out and replicate your card! Love it.

Penny
http://pennytokensstampinspot.blogspot.com