Friday, July 13, 2012

Paper Players 103 and Unscripted Sketches 166

I'm so glad that I got to make a card for the color challenge at The Paper Players this week.  Although I barely made the deadline!



As soon as I saw the colors I thought of flowers (I tend to do that when I see green!).  This got me thinking about lots of white space where these flowers would really stand out.  And this line of thinking brought me to the latest sketch at Unscripted Sketches.


The flowers are Verve and were colored directly on the stamp with my SU! markers.  One thing I've noticed is that coloring on clear stamps does not make a very good stamped impression.  I'm not sure if its the SU! markers or just that clear stamps don't take color all that well from markers, but the results that I've seen are a bit splotchy.  In this case, I've chosen to pretend the splotchiness is intentional and is a new sort of modified watercoloring that I have invented.   HA HA!

Today is the last day of my vacation (boo hoo) and I'm heading down the Cape with my parents for lobster rolls!  I've had a grand total of one lobster roll so far this summer (and it wasn't very good) so I've got high hopes for this lunch date!

The big brown truck came to my house yesterday and dropped off some new goodies.  I've already started to play a little bit with my new stuff so hopefully I'll be able to post some sneak peaks tomorrow!  Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Kim S said...

I have the same issue with SU markers on clear. I try all the tricks to make clear stamps stamp better..and then they work beautifully WITH AN INK PAD, but still not with markers ...you'd think the actual ink is the same!? But...the effect is lovely on your flowers...and I LOVE the white space!

Tonya Denton said...

I LOVE the fresh, clean, crisp look of your card! What a great CAS card! I think I'll have to CASE your card for a workshop! Naturally you'd be given credit! Hopefully I can put my own twist on it but still have it look as great as yours! Wish me luck and great job!! Love it! :)

Unknown said...

Love, love, love this card! What a great way to use these colors.

soakes69 said...

great color choices!!

Unknown said...

Awesome card Jen! I wouldn't have know that the stamped image wasn't suppose to look that way until I read your post. I think it looks good. Thanks for playing along with The Paper Players - glad you made the deadline!

Linda Callahan said...

Wow this is one terrific card! Great sketch and you played it perfectly!