Saturday, September 15, 2012

Color Throwdown 209 and Friday Mashup 76

The autumn colors this week at Color Throwdown were too pretty to resist and then I saw the challenge at Friday Mashup was to do the Starburst Technique and decided to combine the two into my card today.  It's funny how I sometimes forget to do cool techniques on my cards so I love it when I stumble on a long-forgotten one and can give it a try.  Thanks to my friend Rita for reminding me of it!


  
I've got quite a bit of DSP going on here with snippets from Jolly Holiday, Merry Moments, Ski Slope, Orchard Harvest, and Patio Party making up my starburst.  I covered up the seam in the middle of the card by layering some Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon and some Old Olive ribbon from the Elementary Ribbon pack.  The PTI layered sunflower was stamped in Summer Starfruit (as close as I could get to Summer Sun) then was sponged with some Chocolate Chip to soften the edges.  I added a small Designer Naturals Button with a little baker's twine in the center.

Well, I'm off to run my Saturday errands then to do the dreaded housework.  Ugh!  Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

Kim S said...

I love your combination of the two challenges. I don't instantly think of this rich fall colors when I think of a starburst - but it's absolutely beautiful together!

Rita W said...

Jen, this is beautiful! It makes me long for fall and the cooler temperatures that come along with it. Thanks for joining my challenge at the Friday Mashup this week!

Anonymous said...

This is really beautiful, Jen. I just love it. ;-)

Marisa said...

Fabulous combo card!!

Tara Bourgoin said...

Love it, Jen! The colours are fabulous and I love the double-layered ribbon. Great fall card... makes me want a hot chocolate :) Thanks for sharing with us at The Friday Mashup!

Lori said...

Gorgeous! Love the warm fall colors in your starburst design. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown.

Heidi Baks said...

<3 your sunflower! Beautiful! Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

Amy White said...

Wow this is fabulous Jen! Love how you've sponged the layers of dsp and the sunflower is the perfect focal point! Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup this week!

Lisa said...

Beautiful card, I love all the different DSP you used!

Thanks so much for joining us at The Friday Mashup!