Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Freshly Made Sketches 70

Welcome to Wednesday and another fantastic sketch from your friends at Freshly Made Sketches!  This week Rita has designed the sketch and it's a classic with so many possibilities!



Now, you may think that I stamped this cute image and sentiment for a special occasion.  But you would be wrong.  Unless you count making a card as a special occasion!  I stamped the image to use on another project then ended up changing my mind about that project.  So this poor girl was languishing on my table in the craft cave when I suddenly realized that it would look awfully cute as the focal point on a card made with this sketch.

I paper pieced her dress from a piece of Real Red DSP from a Christmas set called Christmas Cocoa.  Nothing makes me happier than to use up some of my DSP and there are extra points if I use holiday paper for something that has nothing to do with that holiday!

And in a shocking display of my psychic abilities I made this card on Saturday, well before the "drink" challenge was revealed at CASology.  But since this party-girl is holding a glass of bubbly, I'm going to enter my card over there!

There are some wonderful cards for you to see from the design team over at Freshly Made Sketches.  So be sure to head on over there to check them out.  Then get busy with those stamps and join us in the gallery!

22 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

I love it when you can "find" things that work perfectly! She is so stylish! Cute card!

Kim S said...

She is darling in her red dress with the red "bubbles" behind her!!

Ardyth said...

This is a really fun image! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week, Jen!

Rita W said...

How did you know what I was thinking?! ;) I was hoping you'd share the occasion for this one when I saw it, so it's funny that you start off with that. I just LOVE that image and your fun take on the sketch. The strip of red embossed dots is just perfect with all that lovely white space.

Linda Suarez said...

So cute Jen! I love the embossed "bubbles" behind her! What a fun card!

Jen W. said...

Fabulous sentiment and I love how the embossing ties in with it! Thanks for playing along at CASology this week!

Rosemary said...

don't ya just love it when you are psychic like that??? ha!! fantastic card for the CASology challenge (and you reminded me that i have this little ALM, too!)!! thanks for playing along at CASology this week!

Stef Perry said...

This card just has serendipity written all over it, doesn't it? Such a cute image, I love the champage glass and her beautiful paper pieced dress!

Kristie Goulet said...

Cute card! Love the embossed background piece!

sandie said...

we all love red dresses and big girl bubbles so this card is just perfect!

CASTOWNE said...

Jen, She is just such a cute image, it's hard to believe she was sitting idly in your room...guess she was just waiting for the perfect sketch to come along. Love your take on the sketch and the phrase you paired with her.

Meg said...

This is a great card - I just love it.

Jen Brum said...

Great card Jen! Love that girl in her little red dress! Looks great against that white background! I can't believe you cut her out! So fun!

Tracey McNeely said...

Love your party girl, great take on the cue. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at CASology!

Maureen Merritt said...

How fun!!!
Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

Tui Nathan said...

Oooh, she is just fabulous all dressed up in her little red dress! She is perfect for this sketch and I love that cute sentiment too!!!

Lauren said...

Love it! The embossed strip goes perfectly with the sentiment. Such a fun card!

Mona Pendleton said...

Super pretty card Jen! Love the fancy image and the embossed background! Thanks for the inspiration!

Darnell said...

Dang, Jen, an artist and a psychic! AND, you made a brilliant card with a CHIC girl on it. I know, right? You rock!!

Lesley said...

Oh those embossed bubbles are fun! Great card Jen and love the clean look!

Anonymous said...

Now that's one great card! Your image made me smile and I just love the huge glass of bubbly. Perfectly done!

Jen Timko said...

How incredibly awesome is this??!! Love the "bubbles" on the background and it may in fact be time for some of those bubbles, LOL!