Tuesday, July 16, 2013

colourQ 198

I'm not ashamed to say that this week's color palette at colourQ had me stumped!  When I first saw them I knew right away that they were a gorgeous combination, but when I sat at my stamping table and pondered what to do with them I came up empty.


My first card was made using some floral images.  That quickly went in the scrap heap when I couldn't get that to work.  Then I thought these colors might make an unusual Christmas card.  That evolved into a snowman card idea and I actually had that one made, photographed and ready to post before I admitted to myself that I hated it.  So with the clock steadily ticking I thought about what I liked about this image and realized it was the simple, graphic shapes.  So that lead me to this card.

   
I feel like I seriously cheated with this card.  I love the stamp but all I did was stamp it in Smoky Slate and filled in some of the squares with the colors of the challenge.  I hunted around my stamp room for a sentiment that did this cool, graphic image justice but couldn't come up with anything.  Arielle gave me some ideas, but I just don't have anything edgy enough so it will stay like this until I go stamp shopping again!  

Thanks for stopping by!  And don't forget to hop on over to colourQ and check out the inspiration from the design team, who clearly didn't have the same trouble I did with these colors!  Then ink up and join us because I can't wait to see what you create!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Arty (KaiserCraft)

7 comments:

Kara said...

i think this is super cool! and what a shame...you have to go stamp shopping..lol!!

sandie said...

I love it! I think it is perfect-it doesn't need a sentiment, it is trendy and funky just like this x

Robin said...

I like it! Simple, but super cool.

Karren said...

I love the graphic look of this card with the tiny little pops of color.

♥Jan♥ said...

Well, this isn't the usual kind of card I stop to comment on - which is a really good reason to do just that ! I get stumped too every so often, and you were so clever to find your way out and create something so fresh and unique !! You don't always have to take a huge amount of time to create something really amazing, and you certainly proved that ! One of my favorite cards this week for certain. Well Done !!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Super cool image and take on the colors Jen...love this CAS card!!!

Tracey McNeely said...

No cheating, just gorgeous! Funky and fun.