Tuesday, July 23, 2013

colourQ 199

Today I've got another fab color palette to show you from colourQ.  Last week's colors were somewhat challenging for me, but this week's colors are right up my alley and as soon as I saw them I knew exactly what I wanted to create with them.  Yay me!!



I have been seriously into grungy and graphic stamps lately and for this card I inked up my brand new Off the Grid stamp from SU.  But before I did that I stamped the flowers then covered them in a mask so it appears they are embedded in that graph paper stamp.  I was going to add some leaves in Kiwi Kiss but couldn't find any that I liked with my Funky Florals so I used that color on the sentiment instead.

I've based my layout on the latest challenge at CAS(E) This Sketch.  It's a somewhat loose interpretation of the sketch, but I prefer to call it poetic license, LOL!



Now, you know the drill.  Hop on over to colourQ and check out the cards from the design team, which are sure to get your creative juices flowing.  Then ink up your own stamps and join us in the gallery!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Off the Grid (SU); Funky Florals (Papertrey Ink)


5 comments:

Unknown said...

love the design of the flowers against the grid!

stampwithsandy said...

Love this, Jen! What a great one layer card and great use of the challenge colors.

Teresa Zuehls said...

I love the graphic background and the sentiment is great! Thanks for the inspiration.

janelle said...

Love this card and what you call 'poetic license'. Might have to use that one ;)

N@ Ali said...

oh this is stunning!