Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Welcome! For DD#68 and rs79

My first reaction when I saw the color challenge at Dynamic Duos was to combine Perfect Plum with something like Old Olive and do up some flowers.  But then I had second thoughts and decided to use Lavender Moon from PTI and do a little monochramatic card.  Once I decided on colors it was a short leap to the challenge at retro sketches and the fab new stamp set from The Alley Way Stamps called Calypso.



I was trying to create the "brick wall" effect by sponging around the edges of the horizontal layers, but I don't think I applied enough "sponge!"  I also went off sketch when I decided to round the edges of these layers of card stock.  But the rounded edges just  looked right with these softly doodled images.

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Calypso (The Alley Way Stamps)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White; Lavender Moon (Papertrey Ink); Whisper White (SU)
Accessories:  Perfect Plum button (SU); crochet thread


3 comments:

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

This is beautiful Jen - I love how you did the design on the horizontal layers. Gorgeous !!

Tara Bourgoin said...

Gorgeous, Jen! What a brilliant colour combo and the design on the horizontal panels is amazing!! LOVE that! Thanks for sharing with us at Dynamic Duos this week :)

Linda Beeson said...

Loving the colors you used, great use of the sketch too.