Sunday, April 27, 2014

Good Tidings

I don't know why but I obsessed over this card for way too long.  I finally just decided to post it and move on.


This is my somewhat liberal take on the Deconstructed Sketch using colors from the Festive Friday challenge.  I wanted to use stamps to mimic the flags in the sketch so I grabbed some of my favorite textural stamps, added the sentiment, some washi and sequins and thought I was done.  But then I realized that I missed the little circle element on the sketch so I went back and added a snowflake.  I still wasn't happy though.  There wasn't really anything festive about my card, an essential element of the Festive Friday challenge.  So I put it aside and went to bed.

By the time I got back in my stamp room I had spend an inordinate amount of time thinking about this card.  In order to add the festive I pulled apart a bunch of stuff, added a Christmas tree shape and a star.  I'm still not entirely happy with it, but it is what it is!


Lots of rain yesterday (yuck).  The weeds are going crazy in the garden and I've no time to pull them out.  Should be a fun adventure out there when the sun comes out!  Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Textures 1 (Florileges Design); Abstract Art (My Favorite Things); Jingle All the Way (Technique Tuesday); Playful Christmas 2 (Kitchen Sink Stamps)
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Real Red, Very Vanilla (SU)
Ink:  Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Garden Green (SU)
Accessories:  Stitched Stars die (Lil' Inker Designs); Berry Blend sequins (Avery Elle); washi tape

8 comments:

LeAnne said...

LOL, I hate it when I obsess over a card! In the end, I love your sweet little card and I think it's plenty festive, especially with that pretty red star!

Ardyth said...

I'm glad you did - this is amazing. I love how you took a very rustic inspiration and made it all modern and funky! So glad you joined us at Festive Friday!

Patti said...

You need a doughnut! this card is outstanding!! I think you aced it!!

: ) Have a happy Sunday

Patti

Cheryl said...

I think we all tend to stress over our cards! but the results are a pretty and your turned out! You brought this home! Great job and thanks for sharing, now go pour yourself a cup of tea!!!

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Oh, I really love how you interpreted our photo inspiration, this looks so graphic and beautiful! Thanks so much for playing with Festive Friday!

Kay Miller said...

Oh I think it's fabulous! I love the design with the graphic feel to it! Beautiful work! Thanks so much for joining us at Festive Friday! :)

Deepti said...

What a modern and fun look of the Christmas card :)

Geri said...

You're too hard on yourself...all of these elements look wonderful together! Great layout and colors, too! Thanks so much for joining us at Festive Friday again!!!