Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Freshly Made Sketches 138

Hello and welcome to another edition of Freshly Made Sketches!  This week the sketch is brought to you by the super talented Jen Timko.  She's a very busy stamper these days and always manages to wow me with her cards!  The sketch she designed has a nice layer on it that is wide open to interpretation.  I thought it looked rather like a tag so that's what I put on my card.


I love a long weekend off from work because I get to spend some relaxing time in my stamp room.  Usually my weekends are spent crazily making cards for upcoming DT work, but when I have an extra day it's like winning the lottery!  So on Monday I was able to make my FMS card with inspiration from the current Muse challenge.  I didn't have quite the same bright colors as in Cornelia's card but I used the brightest colors I could find to make my card.  The vague chevron shape of her colors had me reaching for this new background set from WPlus9 with it's modern looking chevrons.

The Freshly Made Sketches design team have got some great cards to show you (don't they always)!  So head on over there to check them out.  I hope you can join us in the gallery this week!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  So 80's, Borders and Backgrounds 4, Hand Lettered Hello (WPlus9)
Paper:  White Linen (Ellen Hutson); Basic Black, Whisper White (SU)
Ink:  Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Lucky Limeade, Tangerine Tango (SU); Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  Hand Lettered Hello die (WPlus9); Enamel Dew Drop Stickers (Freckled Fawn); black seam binding ribbon, baker's twine

21 comments:

Shelly said...

Simply, AWESOME! Love this!

Tracey McNeely said...

Love the tag sketch and Jen your is fabulous. The stamping is so cool!

Linda Callahan said...

I love that background stamping! The black is stunning in your design! Just love this!d

Jen Brum said...

Jen, you make such beautiful tags!!! I love how you've matted it in black! Such a fun image! Very elegant!

Happy Dance said...

Another gorgeous card, Jen. I "saw" tag, too, when I first saw the sketch. Hoping to have time to play. This card fits in so well for the Muse as well! It's great. Bev

Lisa Elton said...

Amazing stamping Jen and the black mat on your tag makes everything POP!

Deepti said...

Stunner as always, love the perfect stamping :)

Karren said...

Love the stamping on your tag, it's a real stand-out against the white background and black sentiment. And the enamel dots are the perfect finishing touch!

Lesley said...

Love all the white...that die cut sentiment POPS! Fantastic card, Jen!

Cindy Hall said...

FABULOUS design, Jen! I love the black matting on the tag and the black die cut. So striking and gorgeous!

SemSee said...

Awesome card! I think I'm going to have to buy some of those stamp sets you used, hehe! Love everything about it! xx

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Hi Jen, thanks for playing along at the Muse this week! Stunning interpretation - Love what you did with that subtle chevron pattern - have to check out those stamps - just up my alley....

Cindy Lovell said...

WOW,Jen!!! I love...love the stamping on your Tag and the Word Die!! Awesome colors!!

Barb Ghig said...

Such a pretty card, Jen! I love how your sentiment extends from both sides of the tag, and your colors are beautiful! You did an amazing job combining both challenges, too!

Amy O said...

Um, those multi-colored chevrons are awesome! And I love the black die-cut sentiment against them. Gorgeous, Jen!

Kara said...

really cool! awesome colors!

Ardyth said...

Love how you've interpreted this week's Muse - those dotty stamps are really cool! Thanks so much for joining us at Muse this week!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Totally fabulous Jen - loving the mix of cool stamps and bright colours and combined with black matting -it makes this card so striking!

Marlena M. said...

This totally, totally ROCKS Jen!

Greta said...

Beautiful card! Love how you used the sketch & Cornelia's inspiration card!

Rita W said...

There's a set called So 80's??? Sigh. You are expensive to have as a friend. I LOVE this card!