Saturday, May 3, 2014

Hello Sunshine!

I am cautiously optimistic that spring has not only made an appearance around these parts but she is here to stay.  It is, after all, May 3rd and up until yesterday the temperatures here were well below average.  But I think we've turned the corner so to celebrate I made this card using the sketch at As You See It and the colors from Color Throwdown.



I got some new stamps and this "hello" die recently so I was anxious to put them to use. I tried the whole layered die thing here by cutting out four layers of the "hello" and gluing them together to create some dimension. It looks pretty good in person!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Gorgeous Grunge (SU); So 80s, Hand Lettered Hello (WPlus9); Sketchy Cheveron Border (Impression Obsession)
Paper:  Ultra Smooth Pure White (Avery Elle); Harvest Gold (Papertrey Ink); Basic Black, Cool Caribbean (SU)
Ink:  Cool Caribbean, Cameo Coral (SU); Harvest Gold (Papertrey Ink); Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  Tag Me die (Reverse Confetti); Hand Lettered Hello die (WPlus9)

18 comments:

Lisa Kind said...

Your card is absolutely stunning!

Kara said...

Spring is here too!!! Yay!! Lovely card!!

Lisa Elton said...

Super card Jen, love the softness of the colors with your modern design!

Caroline said...

Love the colours!! Yay spring :)

Karren said...

Love how you've combined these colors with those gorgeous grungy elements but still ended up with a beautiful clean card.

Linda Callahan said...

Love this......beautiful colors and great take on the sketch!

Heather Cooper said...

This is a stunning card! And I love the sentiment! This would lift the spirits of anyone who received it. Thanks so much for playing along with As You See It Challenges this week!

Lori said...

Just fabulous! Love the grunge style elements with the elegant hello die cut. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

Wanda Cullen said...

LOVE this clean, simple design! So glad to see you in the gallery again this week! Always love your creations!

Vickie Z said...

Love all the elements...perfect blend! Thxs for joining us at CTD!! Always enjoy your cards!

Tammy Hershberger said...

OK, I'm totally in love with this card! AWESOME design, Jen! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown.

Deepti said...

Jen I so adore the subtle and sitting look on ur cards, I wish I could create something like these :) love love love this one

Broni said...

I love this CAS design so much, Jen!!

Sarah Loves to Stamp said...

What a beautiful card! I just love everything about it!!! So clean and simple mixed with a little grunge. :) In those bright cheery colors, we're ready for spring. I really love how you interpreted the sketch. Thanks for playing along at the As You See It Challenge!!! I hope you'll join us again with a new challenge on Friday!

Sarah Loves to Stamp said...

What a beautiful card! I just love everything about it!!! So clean and simple mixed with a little grunge. :) In those bright cheery colors, we're ready for spring. I really love how you interpreted the sketch. Thanks for playing along at the As You See It Challenge!!! I hope you'll join us again with a new challenge on Friday!

Unknown said...

Ooh - I love the fresh, springy feeling of this card! You've really done a great job with the As You See It sketch, and all of your elements work so beautifully together! Thanks for playing with us this week!

Amanda said...

WOW! So clean and fun! I am digging your style! Thanks so much for playing with us at the As You See It Challenge! Hope to see you again :)

Becca-expressions said...

Hi Jen, I wanted to let you know that I linked through to this card on my OWH VCMP blog post. If you're curious, you can view it here: http://becca-expressions.blogspot.com/2014/07/owh-vcmp-teen-time.html