Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Freshly Made Sketches 150

Ah, it's Wednesday and time for another new sketch from Freshly Made Sketches.  This week our sketch is designed by Linda and as soon as I saw it I knew exactly what I wanted to do.  That doesn't always happen for me so when it does it's time for a little celebration!



I have this old patterned paper pack from SU called Sweet Pea and I've got to say it is the best paper I've got in my stamping stash.  There are lots of different colors featured on the papers and I always find something I like.  For this card I decided to go to that paper pack first and let the patterns and colors of it guide my card for this challenge.  I ended up picking some earthy colors on a Sahara Sand base (which you can't see because it's behind all that gorgeous DSP) and coloring up some flowers in a bright pop of yellow.

There are some great cards to see over at the Freshly Made Sketches blog so in case you haven't seen them head on over there to check them out.  You won't be sorry!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Hennah Elements (Altenew); Signature Greetings (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Sahara Sand, Chocolate Chip (SU); X-Press It Blending Card
Ink:  Dark Chocolate (Papertrey Ink); Black Licorice (My Favorite Things); Copics
Accessories:  Cambridge Court enamel dots (My Mind's Eye)

15 comments:

Amy O said...

Those flowers are gorgeous! You have some mad coloring skills! Love this, Jen!

Linda Callahan said...

Celebrate is right - this is beautiful~! And I am with Amy you are wonderful with those markers!

Lisa Elton said...

Love love LOVE it Jen!!!

Cindy Lovell said...

Stunning card,Jen!! I love the pattern at the bottom and the beautiful colored flowers!! Pretty sentiment!! Love this card!!!

Unknown said...

Wow! This is stunningly beautiful! Love the DSP you used on the bottom AND your lovely flowers!

Deepti said...

This is so beautiful ! Love the yellow flowers. You colored them so perfectly

Jen Brum said...

Beautiful card Jen! I love those flowers! They are so bright and cheery! Great colouring! I love the Sweet Pea paper! I must admit I have some stashed away somewhere!!!

Claire said...

Loving that sketch! Perfect with those beautifully coloured blooms Jen!

Karren said...

You have made these beautiful flowers shine - again! Great card, great coloring, great interpretation of the sketch!

Amie Kiger (Kigz) said...

Oh, Jen, where to start? LOVE the edge paper, and the background is perfect! Beautiful flowers! :)

Narelle Farrugia said...

Absolutely stunning! Those gorgeous yellow flowers are such a standout - I really love the colour you've given them. They look amazing with the colours in the DSP.

Kim S said...

Beautiful, fresh flowers. Lovely in yellow with the natural paper strip.

Cindy Hall said...

The bad thing about waiting until Sunday night to comment is that everyone has already said everything I want to say! Ditto all of the above AND I LOVE THIS CARD. The colors, those amazing flowers/leaves, and that perfect sentiment. FABULOUS!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful design, Jen, love the colors and the stripes below! Have a wonderful Monday!

Jen Timko said...

Such a fantastic card! The paper, those flowers…wonderful as always!