Tuesday, September 2, 2014

colourQ and #stamptember

It's Tuesday so that means there's another new palette up at colourQ!  Arielle has really been rockin' these eclectic color combos lately and this one is no different.  This week the colors are inspired by this ottoman.



I will admit that I had the card nearly done before I realized that I forgot the Bermuda Bay.  So out came a couple of banner dies, a little Bermuda Bay, a little vellum and I was done.  Phew!  And I'm also playing along with the sketch at Fab Friday.  It's been a dog's age since I've joined in over there and the sketch was just too good to pass up!



The sentiment on this card is a brand new one over at Simon Says Stamp.  A while back they had a little Facebook contest to celebrate the upcoming #stamptember and asked if anyone would like to receive some free stuff in exchange for showing off said free stuff on their blog.  I commented that I would be up for that and I actually got picked!  Yay me!  I got a set of thank you sentiments and really, what could be more appropriate than that?

So how would you use these colors?  I can't wait to see how in the colourQ gallery.  And as always, if you need a little inspiration, our colourQ design team have whipped up some beauties for you to see!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Many Thanks, Summer Garden (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:  Dove Gray (WPlus9); Midnight Muse, Lucky Limeade, Strawberry Slush,  Whisper White, Vellum (SU)
Ink:  Midnight Muse, Lucky Limeade (SU); Onyx Black (Versamark)
Accessories:  Banner Trio die (WPlus9); Pretty Pink Color Mist (Mister Huey's)

5 comments:

Amanda Mertz said...

Love the clean lines and fresh colors of your card Jen! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

Lisa Elton said...

Your last minute banners are the perfect finishing touch, pretty card Jen!

Kim Heggins said...

This is just beautiful Jen...I love your flowers, so sweet.

LeAnne said...

Lovely all around...I know I already told you that but I wanted to say it AGAIN.

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful, I love the navy stripes!