Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Freshly Made Sketches 154

Hi all!  It's Wednesday so that means it's time for a new sketch reveal at Freshly Made Sketches.  This week Cindy Lovell is our hostess and her sketch has got all the design elements that remind me so much of her fun, clean, and simple designs.



As soon as I saw this sketch I wanted to incorporate washi tape as part of my design.  From there it was a short leap to the Math washi tape that I love so much.  One of the colors in that tape is a dead ringer for Pool Party so I made my card with that color as well as some So Saffron for contrast.

The Freshly Made Sketches design team have some fabulous cards for you to see this week so be sure to check them out.  Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Kinda Eclectic (SU); Jumbo Abstract Art (My Favorite Things); Many Thanks (Simon Says Stamp); Sketchy Chevron Border (Impression Obsession)
Paper:  Classic White (Flourishes); Neenah Solar White; Pool Party (SU)
Ink:  Pool Party, So Saffron (SU); Onyx Black (Verafine)
Accessories:  Basic Pearls (SU); washi tape

15 comments:

LeAnne said...

Love the sketch, love your take on it! Super!

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful with the pop of yellow! Great touch with the washi tape!

Judy McMullen said...

Beautiful! Love this color combination and the clean and fresh design!!

Shelly said...

This is awesome!!! Love!

Karren said...

I would never have thought to use washi tape for the vertical strips but you've made it look like the sketch was made for washi! Gorgeous card!

Amy O said...

You've used one of my very favorite color combos, and I love the washi tape. Beautifully done, Jen!

Lisa Elton said...

FABulous Jen!

Stampingcountry said...

Your swish is perfect for your butterfly. He looks like he is in flight. Pretty card!

Deepti said...

Fun stamping and design :) love it!

Tracey McNeely said...

Jen I always love to see what you are going to do with these sketches! Love this.

Cindy Hall said...

This is awesome, Jen! I love how you used the washi tape and the chevron stamp. The colors are fabulous. So many great details, yet so fresh and clean! Have I told you lately how much I love your style?!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love how fresh these colours are together!

Jen Brum said...

Love this card Jen! I love the colours and that watercolour effect! Super fun! Looks amazing against that white background! Of course that butterfly is my fav!

Cindy Lovell said...

Jen,this card is so so beautiful! I love your stamping! Love the brush,the chevron in the background and the pretty butterfly! Beautiful!!

Jen Timko said...

I love your beautiful details! Such a cool card Jen!