Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Freshly Made Sketches 155

This week at Freshly Made Sketches our hostess Karren has given us a sketch with one of my favorite things:  a tag!  Of course, you don't need to use a tag on your card when you play along, but I jumped at the chance!



Karren lives in New Zealand where spring is coming up all over, but where I live it's all about fall.  So when I saw the inspiration photo at Viva La Verve had some sunflowers in it that's the direction I went with my card.  And I've made another thank you card because I always need lots of these at the end of the year.  Where I work we get quite a few customers who give us gifts at Christmas time and I always donate the thank you cards to be sent to them.  So every January I'm wiped out of cards.  This year I thought I'd be smart and make lots of them so I'd be ready!  So far so good!



Our always amazing Freshly Made Sketches design team have created some beauties for you to see!  Stop by and check them out.  We hope to see you in the gallery!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Bloom &  Grow (Verve); Label Love (Altenew)
Paper:  Classic Ivory (Flourishes); Natural White (Neenah); Early Espresso (SU)
Ink:  Crushed Curry, Early Espresso, Old Olive (SU)
Accessories:  Tag Sale #5 die (Papertrey Ink); Elegant Leaves die (Verve); Early Espresso seam binding ribbon, Early Espresso baker's twine (SU); burlap, jumbo brad


18 comments:

Shelly said...

So pretty! Love your tag and flower!

Linda Callahan said...

Oh you make the prettiest tags! Love the sunflower and the burlap together......perfect for fall!

Lisa Elton said...

What a terrific fall card! The burlap and happy sunflower, super cute Jen!

Amy O said...

You are the tag queen! I love the burlap panel, and the sunflower adds a fabulous pop of color with the gray. Beautiful!

Jen Brum said...

Burlap and sunflowers! Two of my favourite things! Beautiful Jen (as always!). Love those colours. Perfect for fall!

Evelyn S. said...

Great use of the sketch and your sunflower inspiration. That burlap really tops it off.

Karren said...

Oh wow! This is so beautiful - I just want to reach out and touch all that texture! The burlap panel is genius with the sunflowers. PS: Have you seen the new burlap background stamp from MFT - I'm so getting that!

Becca Cruger said...

Very lovely! I love tags, too, and I just got some burlap in the mail, so thank you for the inspiration!

Marisa said...

Fabulously done, Jen! Love the burlap!

Cindy Lovell said...

The burlap looks perfect on your beautiful card!! The sunflowers are so pretty and i think i need this label love from Altenew!

Deepti said...

Gorgeous !! Love the burlap and the colors :)

Wanda Mosqueda said...

Jen, thank you for leaving such a wonderful comment on my site about my card for this weeks challenge. Your cards are always very beautiful and I enjoy posting my cards on your sketch challenges. Wanda Mosqueda

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Love the touch of burlap, the perfect thank you card!!

Deanne :)

laurie said...

Such a fun pretty tag, looks great on a card! That burlap adds such a nice touch,too.

Stampingcountry said...

Your burlap edge looks so cute with your tag!

Jen Timko said...

Classically, perfectly Jen! Gorgeous!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Truly beautiful Jen! The tag is soooo you - I thought of this when I saw the sketch.

Kim S said...

Wonderfully fresh with the strip of burlap. Love all the neutrals behind the bright sunflower.