Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Freshly Made Sketches 160

Happy Wednesday!  It's time for a brand new sketch from Freshly Made Sketches.  This week our sketch is designed by Rita and I'm pretty sure you're going to love it!  It's got a big ol' banner on it and I love banners!  This is also my last week guesting over at Colour Me...!  They really put together some gorgeous color combos and this week there are two palettes to choose from.



I chose to use the second color combo.  It's got Chocolate Chip in it and I really love that color.  It's been ages since I've used it so I dove right in to my supply of cardstock and even used a little ink too.  I love how it looks with Lost Lagoon and although pink isn't really my thing, I think both colors look pretty with the Blushing Bride.

The little butterfly seems a little weird on my card considering it's fall and butterflies seem better suited for spring and summer.  But I love using them on my cards and these colors reminded me of spring so there you go.  They're kind of timeless, don't you think?

Thanks for stopping by here and don't forget to check out the challenges at Freshly Made Sketches and Colour Me...!  Both design teams have totally rocked their cards!

Supplies:
Stamps:  So 80s (WPlus9); Many Thanks (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:  Classic White (Flourishes); Chocolate Chip, Lost Lagoon, Blushing Bride, Whisper White (SU)
Ink:  Blushing Bride, Chocolate Chip (SU)
Accessories:  Horizontal Stitched Strips, Pierced Fishtail Flag STAX, Pierced Circle STAX (My Favorite Things); Chrissy Butterfly die, Leanna Butterfly die (Simon Says Stamp)

18 comments:

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

This is gorgeously CAS! Love those colours together.

Jen Timko said...

So pretty, Jen! These colors are really great and your touch of pink with that butterfly is gorgeous!

Lisa Lara said...

So fresh and lovely Jen.

Linda Callahan said...

That is one beautiful butterfly! Love the colors too!

Patti said...

Butterflies are indeed timeless!! Love your card. : ) I hope to get to FMS to play along this week.

Patti

Lynn said...

Very pretty card. What butterfly die is this?

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love your card Jen - there's so much detail in the main circle despite it being a CAS card. Great use of this week's colours. It's been great to have you guesting on the Colour Me...! team this month; pop by and say hi some time. Right, I'm off to look at an FMS entry!

Lisa Elton said...

This is so beautifully sweet Jen, love your delicate butterfly. I think they're like ice-cream...good for anytime of the year, not just summer LOL!!!

Amy O said...

I think you should be allowed to use butterflies all year long. And this is one gorgeous butterfly.

Karren said...

That butterfly looks amazing with the dotty image behind it! Such a cool card and the colors look great together!

Sherrie M. said...

Loved having you as part of our team at Colour Me....! this month. I am a big fan of your gorgeous creations!

Claire Broadwater said...

Jen, this is a gorgeous card! The butterfly is so delicate and beautiful! It has been fabulous having you on the Colour Me...! team this month! I love your work! XX

Deepti said...

Gorgeous butterfly !!

Unknown said...

Jen thank you again so very much for being a part of our Design Team, we have been delighted to have you! This card (as your many others) is wonderful. Love the delicate design on the butterfly! Sure hope you will keep playing along with us at Colour Me...!

Cindy Hall said...

Great colors! Love the chocolate with the blues and pinks. The delicate layered butterfly is stunning. Love this!

Penny Hanuszak said...

Butterflies are always welcome..... especially when they're showcased as nicely as yours. Great card!

Narelle Farrugia said...

So beautiful Jen - you always manage to make combing colours just work! Me I struggle with anything more than one colour and a neutral!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Thanks for the lovely inspiration! xx