Saturday, October 4, 2014

World Card Making Day!

It's been a long day but I couldn't allow it to end without posting something that I made for World Card Making Day.  I got a late start but managed to put this together for the color challenge at Pals Paper Arts and the sketch from Cardabilities.



I'm not entirely sure it shows up on the photo but I started with some embossing paste and a stencil.  Then I layered some branches, a few punched flowers and a sentiment.  Easy peasy!

As I was contemplating World Card Making Day I was reminded that I had just started posting on Splitcoast Stampers around WCMD in 2008.  Curious, I went back to my gallery and found that the third card I posted there was for a WCMD SCS hosted challenge.  This was the beginning of my card-making adventure and as you can imagine the card is pretty awful but I will say that I still have the stamp set I used!  Sometimes it's fun to go back and take a look at your earlier creations and see how you've changed as a crafter.

Well I'm tired and going to call it a night.  WMCD will officially be over in my neck of the woods in less than an hour so I'm getting this in just under the wire!  Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Label Love (Altenew)
Paper:  Classic Ivory (Flourishes); Early Espresso, So Saffron, Calypso Coral
Ink:  Early Espresso (SU)
Accessories:  Grove Branch die (Memory Box); Button Stacks II die (Papertrey Ink); Textures Shine stencil (Memory Box); white embossing paste (Dreaweaver)

10 comments:

Narelle Farrugia said...

Gorgeous! You've combined these challenges effortlessly Jen! Those branches are the perfect fit for the Cardabilities challenge and I just love those sweet little flowers.

Shannon Jaramillo said...

Beautiful! I love the embossing paste effect! The branches are so delicate and you made the flowers delicate as well. Your card is just so pretty! Thanks for playing along with PPA this week:)

Linda Callahan said...

Very cool sketch and I love what you created with just a simple touch of color! (And Frank made me smile:)

cohenna said...

Beautiful card :) simple and pure form, but Elegance and stylish. Thanks to join us in Cardabilities

Unknown said...

Jen, this is so elegant. The flowers remind me of springtime crab apple blossoms. Thanks for including the PPA in your stamping fun on WCMD!

Nowe Love Papierowe said...

Beautiful card!!! Thanks to join us in Cardabilities

Deepti said...

I love the clean and simple yet stunning design :)

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful! You must have such patience to be working with that incredibly delicate branch. Great use of the PPA colors! Thanks for playing along with us!

Aggie said...

Very nice and simple card! Really like it! Thank you for joining us at Cardabilities :)

Mrs Frizz said...

Love your interpretation of the sketch. Thank you for playing along with us at cardabilities.