Tuesday, October 13, 2015

colourQ 312

The new palette at colourQ will surely make you think of Halloween.  But I decided to have a little fun with the colors and make a card with some leaves - autumn style.



The Sketch at As You See It was a good jumping off point for me and since the challenge this week at Time Out Challenges is autumn I decided I'd try my hand at adapting these colors for a bit of an autumn themed card.  An old favorite stamp set,  French Foliage, provided the leaves and the Patio Stone circle in the background was stamped with Basic Gray, stamping off once so the color would be a bit muted.  I love how this looks, especially with the black embossing paste design down the side.


The colourQ design team has made some beautiful cards for you to see this week so be sure to check them out.  I hope to see you in the gallery!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  French Foliage (SU); Patio Stone (Designs by Ryn); Hashtags (Tim Holtz)
Paper:  Basic Black, Whisper White (SU)
Ink:  Basic Gray, Tangerine Tango, Pumpkin Pie (SU); Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  Diagonal Strip stencil (Simon Says Stamp); black embossing paste (Wendy Vecchi); enamel dots (My Mind's Eye)

25 comments:

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Love the simplicity of this design Jen! Great take on all the challenges! Have a great week! Hazel xx

Happy Dance said...

Another stunning card, Jen. I love the CASness, and beauty of this Fall card. Those leaves are just lovely, and the little enamel dots are the perfect accent too. You've rocked the sketch; I think you've got a winner here. LOVE this. Bev

Diane Jaquay said...

BEAUTIFUL!! This card is fall CAS perfection!

Jean said...

Love this design! Wow!

Marlena M. said...

Beautiful, modern autumn creation!

Lisa Elton said...

Love this Jen, very PRETTY!

Kara Lynne said...

Jen, this is a wonderful way to use those colors! Your grey center is a beautiful background for your gorgeous leaves!

Kylie Bertucci said...

Stunning card Jen.

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Incredible design! The leaves are beautiful!!!

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at As You See It, good luck!!! Amy DT

Claire said...

Simple perfection Jen - just beautiful

sandie said...

I adore that stone circle stamp, it looks like embossing paste, what a cool stamp. And such wonderful stamping of the leaves. This is such a refreshing take on these colours and so good to see you use them for a non Halloween card. Thanks for joining us at TO, hope to see you again soon x

Linda Callahan said...

I love this! So beautiful in its simplicity!

Heather Cooper said...

This is a perfect clean and simple autumn card, Jen! I wish I had kept my French Foliage set. Thanks for playing along with us at As You See It Challenges this week.

Joyce said...

This is absolutely gorgeou. I love the distressed look on those leaves, and your focal point is beautifully arranged.

Joyce said...

Oops...Thank you for playing along at Time Out.

My Paper Cat said...

Great CAS card, love the 'hint' of a circle behind the leaves. Thanks for playing at Time Out

LeAnne said...

Oh, this is just delightful! Beautiful CAS creation!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, Jen!

Karren said...

I love everything about this card - those gorgeous leaves, the layout, the stone background - all work so well together.

Gerrina said...

The grey-stamped cirkel looks perfect for your beautiful leaves... Great design! Glad you took the TIME OUT and join us.

Silke Ledlow said...

Totally gorgeous card Jen! Love it!

Deepti said...

Oh my goodness!! This is so pretty :)

sandie said...

Congrats Jen in winning at Time Out challenges. We would love you to join us as a Guest Designer in a future challenge, just see our blog for details. We all loved your card x

Donna said...

This is beautiful, Jen. Love the leaves with their gradual textured fading. Really pretty :)