Tuesday, October 27, 2015

colourQ 314!

Apparently I had one more Halloween card in me this year.  The latest palette at colourQ inspired this one.



I went with some simple graphic shapes on my card courtesy of the latest challenge at Sketch Saturday.  It's been a while since I put together a card that had so many different little layers and pieces!


I usually find myself going overboard making Halloween cards but this year I managed to restrain myself and only made a few.  This one uses one of my favorite bats.  He's so elegant with that swirly design on his wings!  If a bat can be elegant, that is!  Actually, I think bats (the real ones) are kind of cute.  Many years ago one got in my house and after flying around a bit it landed on a window curtain.  He looked so cute just hanging out there and I've been enamored of them ever since!  Call me crazy, I know!

My fellow colourQ teamies have made some beauties with these colors this week so make sure you check them out! I hope we'll get to see you in the gallery this week!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  From the Crypt, Autumn Apparitions (SU)
Paper:  White Linen (Ellen Hutson); Basic Black, Old Olive, Tangerine Tango, Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White (SU)
Ink: True Black (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Horizontal Stitched Strips, Stitched Rectangle STAX, Jumbo Fishtail Banner STAX (My Favorite Things)


10 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I like the color blocking Jen and the fancy bat!! As far as bats being cute?? I think their scrunchy little faces are one only their mother could love LOL!!!

Karren said...

This is so cool! The combination of sketch and colors has made for one awesome card. Great job, friend!

Linda Callahan said...

Totally fun.....love the blocks of color!

Petra Swart said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Petra Swart said...

What a STUNNING Halloween card, Jen!!! Oh, I LOVE it!!! What a fun sketch!!! And that is one elegant bat, hey!!!
Have a great day!!!

Danielle Vincent said...

Really love how this came together Jen! Gorgeous creation. Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch Saturday!

Silke Ledlow said...

Great take on the sketch and you rocked it with this Halloween design!

Greta said...

Love the blocks of color--festive, fun card!

Kim S said...

LOVE this graphic card!

Niki Rowland said...

Super cute bat and love the Boo! and the colours are fab! Thanks for joining us this week at Sketch Saturday, Niki xx