Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Freshly Made Sketches 209!

This is two weeks in a row that my Freshly Made Sketches card has been a Christmas card.  As always around this time of year I start to worry that I don't have enough Christmas cards made.  Luckily for me Jen Brum's sketch with a tree put me in mind of Christmas - but don't worry - you can use whatever shape want.  I didn't use a tree but I did use another iconic Christmas image.


The inspiration challenge at Tis' The Season had a bit of a muted-neutral look to it so that inspired the colors of my card.  I almost used green on the sentiment - to echo the green of the pine sprigs - but decided that carrying on with my neutral theme looked better.


I hope you have some time to check out the cards at Freshly Made Sketches because there's a lot of inspiration to be had there.  We'd love to see your interpretation of this sketch in the gallery!  I hope you can join us!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Texture Stamp (Darkroom Door); Jingle All the Way (Technique Tuesday)
Paper: Fog (Simon Says Stamp); Vellum (Papertrey Ink); Silver Glimmer (SU)
Ink:  Fog (Simon Says Stamp); Smokey Shadow (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories:  Blooming Poinsettia die (Memory Box)

22 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Ahhhh winter whites! This is beautiful.....very elegant! And hopefully we won't see as much winter white as we did last year!

Cindy Lovell said...

Perfect winter card,Jen!!! I love this beautiful poinsettia and the light colors...just beautiful!!!

Marisa said...

Love white on white cards and that poinsettia is gorgeous!

Lesley said...

Elegant and so pretty! I absolutely love this card. You know how much I love poinsettias! XO

Lisa Elton said...

Crisp and beautiful!!

Karren said...

I adore white on white cards and this one is no exception! Enough interest and texture but still delicate and subtle.

Lynnea Hollendonner said...

I love a good neutral card! The monochromatic nature of the card is wonderful! Great use of the inspiration photo at Tis the Season!

Unknown said...

Such an elegant card. Karen x

Jen Brum said...

This card is amazing Jen! I love that poinsettia and the neutral colours are gorgeous! So perfect for Christmas!

Petra Swart said...

WOW, what a stunning Christmas card, Jen!!! Love the neutral colours and your poinsettia is just fabulous!!!
Have a great weekend!!!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Jen beautiful card and perfect for both challenges! Love your new blog design by the way!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

This is gorgeous!

Claire said...

The Poinsettia looks so soft and pretty in the vellum. Congrats on your TO win Jen - looking forward to seeing your guest spot card!

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card! That blossom is stunning! Thanks for the inspiration!

Amie Kiger (Kigz) said...

Mmmmmmm...the white on white is spectacular! That little bit of cross-hashing behind the flower is such a wonderful complement! So beautiful! :)

Lisa said...

Beautiful card Jen, love the texture stamp you used behind the poinsettia!

Thanks for playing along with us at 'Tis The Season!

Kim S said...

Lovely vellum poinsettia - it works so well with that hint of grid behind it!

Lisa said...

Beautiful! I love the simplicity and elegance of the card! The white on white is one of my favorites, and your flower is just gorgeous!

Greta said...

Gorgeous & classy!

Simply Sara Stampin' said...

Beautiful card, Jen! I love the neutral colors on it. They always make a card look so elegant. Thanks for playing with us at 'Tis the Season.
Sara

Jayme Ziemer said...

Beautiful card! I love the simplicity and elegance of your cards, they never cease to amazing me. Thanks for playing at TTS!

Jen Timko said...

Elegant and perfect! I love this card.