Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Freshly Made Sketches 210

And here we are again with a new sketch from Freshly Made Sketches!  The weeks sure do fly by!  This week the supremely talented Cindy Lovell is our hostess!


I have a little confession to make.  The FMS design team likes to joke a bit because one of us doesn't like to see circles on sketches.  And a few weeks ago we learned that another of us doesn't like things that are centered.   Well in the spirit of true confessions I will say that three of something on a sketch kind of freaks me out!  I fretted for several days over this sketch because I'm never quite sure what to do with those three things.  Are they supposed to be three of the same thing?  Or three different things? Don't ask me!

I started out with an entirely different card than what you see here but with the help of the colors from Stamp Ink Paper and a little flip of the sketch, this card was born!  Whew!


The ladies from Freshly Made Sketches obviously had no trouble with this sketch as you will see when  you visit there.  I hope to see you in the gallery later!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps: Painted Butterflies (Altenew)
Paper:  Early Espresso, Blushing Bride, Whisper White (SU)
Ink: Early Espresso, Blushing Bride (SU); Golden Glitz Delicata
Accessories:  Femme Frames die (Mama Elephant)

21 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

These butterflies are just gorgeous! Love the pink with the gold! And I hear you with those three squares.....I had to make them askew!

Happy Dance said...

The first thing I noticed about this beautiful card, were those dies...two of my most favorites ever! Then I was drawn into those stunning butterflies. Oh. My. Goodness! They are beyond gorgeous. The hint of gold is such a great idea and a great take on that color challenge too. Fantastic card, my friend, fantastic!! Bev

Lisa Elton said...

Well I think you did the "three things" very well!! This is soft and delicate, love it Jen!!

Greta said...

What a beautiful card! Love the sketch & you've used it so creatively, Jen!

Silke Ledlow said...

Perfect take on the sketch Jen....this is one beautiful card!

Kara Lynne said...

What a funny story about your team and their design issues! Your butterflies are beautiful, and they fit the design perfectly!

Petra Swart said...

So clever to have the three butterflies, Jen!!!! And they look stunning in the soft pink and gold!!!! Love the scalloped border and all the white space!!! This is soooooo beautiful!!! Love it!!
Have a great day!!!

Karren said...

Great job with the butterflies - it certainly was a great way to feature the three elements on the sketch. Your interpretation of the sketch is genius!

Claire said...

This is the perfect '3' Jen - those butterflies are just beautiful!

Kim S said...

Creative and so very gorgeous!

Cindy Lovell said...

Oh Jen...WOW!! I just love that you turned the Sketch! It looks amazing! I love...love the beautiful butterflies and colors!! BEAUTIFUL!!

Jenelle said...

The butterflies are so pretty in this color combination! I love the scalloped border on the pink layer. Beautiful card!

Carolyn Lindenmayer said...

What sweet butterflies Jen, and the gold touches are perfect on this CAS card. Thanks for joining our colour challenge this week at Stamp Ink Paper. Carolyn xx

Diane Jaquay said...

Love the pretty butterflies, beautiful card!!

Michelle said...

Haha! Jen, I suffer the same anxiety when faced with three "things". I especially fret when it is three squares like this. Your card is beautiful!

Tina's Crop Shop said...

Such a beautiful card Jen! I love your pink and brown butterflies and such a great CAS design! Thanks so much for joining us at Stamp, Ink, Paper for our color challenge this week!

Cindy Hall said...

Another wonderfully beautiful card, Jen! I love the flirty butterflies and the gorgeous color palette. I know you're going to think I'm a little weird (if you don't already!), but this card actually gives me goosebumps (in a good way)!

Amy O said...

Gorgeous, Jen! I love the little touches of gold, and those tiny scallops are perfect with the butterflies. I'm with you on sketches that have multiple focal images.

Rita W said...

Jen, this is stunning! You picked gorgeous stamps for your three! A WOW! card for sure!

Jen Timko said...

Well, well, well....we found the Achilles heel??? Apparently, no! Since this is awesome. Love the butterflies! and your flip on the sketch!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh my goodness this is a wonderful card! I love your clever take on the sketch - those butterflies work beautifully!