Thursday, November 12, 2015

Time Out Challenge #44

Good morning!  A few weeks ago I played along in a Time Out Challenge and you'll never guess what happened.  The ladies over there liked my card so much they chose it as their Top Card and asked me to play along with their current challenge which is starting today!

The challenge is to CASE the card you see below which was designed by Design Team member Karen.



That's my card on top, in case you didn't know. :)  As soon as I saw Karen's card I recognized the stencil that she used.  As luck would have it I also own that stencil so I thought it would be a good idea to use it.  I didn't want to create a card that was a near copy of Karen's so I embossed the stencil with my new pearlescent embossing paste instead of sponging it like Karen did then die cut the sentiment in black and green to carry on the colors.  I think it's hard to see in the photo but the black die cuts are slightly off from the green one so that you can just see a hint of color.

Here's a bit of a close up of the pearlescent embossing paste.  It's really pretty in real life!  I think is a better pic of the sentiment too.  And you can probably see that I went over the black die cut with my clear Wink of Stella to give it a little shimmer.


Thanks for stopping by today and special thanks to the ladies at Time Out Challenges for inviting me to play along with them!

11 comments:

Karren said...

Too cool! Love the look of that pearlescent embossing paste. Congrats on your GD spot.

Claire said...

Congrats on the GD gig Jen! Fab take on Karen's card - how lucky you had the same stencil!

sandie said...

This is gorgeous Jen, love you used the pearly paste it gives a gorgeous texture and the double die with the hint of colour looks fabulous. We are so pleased you joined us as our GD x

Gerrina said...

Great CASE-card! Love the elegance by the peaceful colours! Thanks for being our GDT this challenge!

Aileen said...

Congrats on your being highlighted at Timeout. Love your card, that pearl embossing paste is beautiful.

Leigh Penner said...

These are both gorgeous! What stencil is that?

Joyce said...

Your card is beautiful, and just as wonderful as the inspiration card. I am so impressed that you were able to take the same stencil and make something so different, but similar also. Love your take. And, thanks so much for being our GD at Time Out.

Anita in France said...

Wow, Jen ... that shimmery embossing paste is fantastic ... and I love the offset sentiment with the merest hint of green! Thanks so much for guest designing with us at Time Out! Anita :)

Ina G said...

Fabulous CASE card Jen. Love your take on Karen's beautiful card.

Jill V said...

Your card is so pretty - I just love the pearly shine of the embossing paste and the layered die cut sentiment adds the perfect hint of colour. Thanks so much for being our guest designer this week. Jill

Nonni said...

How beautiful! The pearlescent paste looks so striking and very artsy too! Thanks for being our GD at TO!