Thursday, July 21, 2016

CAS(E) This Sketch 182

Hello, hello!  And welcome to Thursday where I get to share my latest project for CAS(E) This Sketch.  This week our sketch is brought to you by N@ Ali and is deliciously CAS!



I spent a lot of time thinking about this sketch.  I thought of sponging with some stencils or doing something cool with embossing paste.  A friend made some suggestions ranging from doilies to umbrellas to strawberries to upside down leaves.  I thought of feathers and, in desperation, even briefly considered an upside down Christmas tree!  So with all these ideas swirling around in my head I sat down at my stamp table and as often happens to me when I think too much, a simple idea occurred to me.  How about a leaf, some flowers, and a wee sentiment.  Lucky for me I had a leaf whose shape echoed the flourish on the sketch - a little wider on one end as it tapered down to the other.

I was helped along with my design by using the colors from the latest challenge at Global Design Project.  I love using gray for leaves (something I learned from my friend Narelle who is not afraid to think outside the box when it comes to color) and I would just like to say that I used an old black stamp pad for the sentiment and it looks gray in the picture but it really is black!


Be sure to check out the latest sketch from CAS(E) This Sketch as well as the inspiration from the design team.  We'd love to see you in the gallery this week!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies
Stamps:  Summer Silhouettes (SU); Everyday Mini Sentiments (Whimsy Stamps)
Paper:  White (Spectrum Noir); Smoky Slate (SU)
Ink:  Melon Mambo (SU); Noir Black (Palette)
Accessories:  Leafy Greenery die (My Favorite Things)

9 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Understated elegance! Love how this turned out!

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful take on the sketch, Jen!

Unknown said...

Jen, I just have to chuckle at your words about the sketch.. that happens to me more than not... I think it's that Accountant brain in me that over analyze everything it just has to be perfect. I love your card it's simple but so elegant. Great take on the sketch if only I can get the brain to work that way so I can participate in the challenge.

Cécile RIBON said...

A perfect clean card ! The beauty in its simplest form. Love it soooooo much

Paula Dobson said...

Simple, clean and charming! A gorgeous CAS card and nice use of the colours in our challenge Jen. Thanks for joining us at Global Design Project and good luck for the Guest DT pick!

Lisa Elton said...

Seriously PRETTY Jen!!

I Card Everyone said...

A wonderful rendition of our sketch, teamies! LOve the colors, and the fact that you are fearless when using them!!
=]

Karren said...

Beautiful! Love all that white space and the pops of color.

Petra Swart said...

Love your grey leaves and the pretty pink flowers, Jen!!!! Beautiful CAS card!!!