Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Freshly Made Sketches 256!

I'm back with a Christmas card for the latest challenge at Freshly Made Sketches.  This week Jen Timko is our hostess and she gave us a big ol' banner that was just screaming for me to use some patterned paper!  That lead me to this really old Christmas DSP I have in my stash and I found an interesting corner of one piece to use as my banner.



I die cut the sentiment out of some champagne glimmer paper and twirled some gold cord behind the poinsettia.  Unfortunately all that sparkle doesn't really show up, despite my stellar photography skills!  There's an "anything goes" challenge this week at Christmas Card Challenges and at Retro Rubber we are to use lace, ribbon, or twine.  The gold cord is my twine and I have had it for years.  It's the first metallic cord that Stampin' Up! introduced many years ago and, lucky me, I have it in gold, silver, and copper.  They are the kinds of supplies in my stash that I'll never get rid of!


Our Freshly Made Sketches design team has really made some beautiful cards this week so be sure to check them out.  I hope to see you in the gallery!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Champagne Glimmer, Deck the Halls DSP (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories:  Jumbo Fishtail Banner STAX (My Favorite Things); Blooming Poinsettia die (Memory Box); Hand Lettered Holiday die (WPlus9); gold cord (Stampin' Up!)

18 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

This is a beautiful holiday card! And that DSP is one of my all time favorites.....perfect background for that fab flower!

Karren said...

I've got some of that patterned paper, too - a couple of packs I think! It is so gorgeous and you've showcased it beautifully with that fabulous poinsettia.

Nancy said...

Fantastic card Jen! Love the papers and poinsettia!

Lisa Elton said...

WOWZA Jen, this is beautiful!! What a great find in your stash the paper was. I like the sparkly accents!

Jane Knudsen said...

Hi Jen! What a beautiful card! But I generally think that anything you make is outstanding! That pattern paper is so beautiful and paired with that pop of red from the poinsettia is brilliant! And then you add the sparkle and the whole card shines! Thanks for playing along with us at Retro Rubber!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Gorgeous Christmas card Jen! The paper you've have used and those colours you've combined make this a warm festive card!

Debbie Mageed said...

Lovely! I remember that paper and might even have a scrap left of it. This is such an elegant card that anyone would be thrilled to receive for the holidays. Thank you for playing along with Retro Rubber and hope you will join us again soon.

Kim S said...

What a great way to use the sketch!! It perfectly shows off that lovely paper!! The poinsettia looks beautiful with all of those subtle colors.

creative lady said...

Love your Christmas card! Love the sketch you used to create it too. Thanks for sharing with Retro Rubber!

Jen Brum said...

Oh Jen! This card is gorgeous! I love that poinsettia! The background paper and the sparkly joy is just so perfect for Christmas!

Amy O said...

Gorgeous! I love that embossed poinsettia, and that die-cut sentiment is fabulous! Beautiful card, Jen!

Rema DeLeeuw said...

Lovely card!Thanks for playing along at Christmas Card Challenges.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Hello Jen: You are so lucky to have found this pattern paper in your stash, it's the perfect background for your beautifully die cut poinsettia flower, the gold cord is really a most elegant detail.
So glad you joined us at RETRO RUBBER, hope you come back to the gallery again.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

Claire Grantham said...

Great card, I love the giant Poinsetta! Thanks for playing at Retro Rubber this time. Hope to see you in the gallery again soon. CLaire DT

Cindy Hall said...

This card is absolutely gorgeous, Jen! You saved that DSP for the PERFECT use. This is a seriously fabulous Christmas card.

Jen Timko said...

That was the best Christmas DSP ever. EVER!!!! Love this. So beautiful with your big flower and that bit of sparkle!

Katy McGloin said...

Jen, I do wish I could see this card in person! Love the sentiment out of the champagne glimmer paper (I still have a stash of that as well as the twine!). Very stunning Christmas card that anyone would be truly delighted to receive. Thanks so much for sharing it with Retro Rubber this week. We always love seeing you in our gallery.

Cécile RIBON said...

Wow Jen ! What a fabulous vintage style Christmas card ! Love this gorgeous poinsettia and the subtle bit of bling !