Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Freshly Made Sketches 262!

Another presidential election is in the bag here in the US.  I have no idea who won because I wrote this post Tuesday night when it was "too close to call."  And in other news there's a new sketch challenge up at Freshly Made Sketches brought to us by Jen Brum!



I had Christmas on my mind when I made this card.  There is a "purple and gold" challenge at Less is More and the "flower" challenge at Jingle Belles got me thinking that maybe I could combine those with my FMS card this week.  Yes, that horizontal image really is purple!  I die cut the poinsettia out of vellum then added a couple touches of gold and voilà!  And can I just say that this is very cool looking in real life!

Thanks for stopping by and please stop by Freshly Made Sketches and check out the inspiration from the design team.  I hope to see you in the gallery!

Supplies
Stamps:  Many Merry Messages (Stampin' Up!); Rugged Edge (Indigo Blu)
Paper:  White (Spectrum Noir); Vellum, Gold Foil (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Concord Crush (Stampin' Up!); Gold Ultimate Metallic (Encore)
Accessories:  Blooming Poinsettia die (Memory Box)

19 comments:

Happy Dance said...

Looks pretty cool on your blog, too, Jen! I can see the purple in your grid pattern, and I like the subtle 'Noel' beneath it. And that white vellum poinsettia is just stunning - wowzers!! What a beautiful Christmas card; just love it! Bev

Jacquie Southas said...

Gorgeous card - love the vellum poinsettia!!

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous. Love the pretty vellum poinsettia and the grid pattern.

Jo said...

Refreshingly clean and deliciously balanced, beautiful ❤️️It!

Lisa Elton said...

PRETTY PRETTY!!

Linda Callahan said...

so elegant and oh so beautiful for the holidays! love this!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Stunning!!!

Sarah G said...

I absolutely love this, Jen! That vellum poinsettia is gorgeous and works beautifully with the grid pattern and scripty sentiment! Your design is elegant and cool. Thank you for sharing with us at Less is More :)

Esther said...

I love the design and classy elegance of this card. The background "grid" is just right to set off that gorgeous poinsettia, while still maintaining the clean, crisp lines of the layout. Fantastic! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

Jen Nelson said...

Jen this is just stunning .. i love everything about it!
thanks for joining us at Less Is More this week

Jen xxx

Jen Timko said...

This flower is extraordinary!! Love everything about this card. Gorgeous work!

SmilynStef said...

love the cursive sentiment with your beautiful bloom ... so very glad you joined our floral celebration at jingle belles.

Jen Brum said...

Oh my. Be still my heart. That poinsettia is just gorgeous! I love the purple banner as well! What a beautiful Christmas card!

Karren said...

Oh this is so beautiful! That flower looks so delicate and the purple grid is such a fun image to use with the flower.

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Such a stylish card! The delicate nature of the vellum used for the flower is a perfect complement to the geometric lines of the grid. This oozes class and elegance. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Less is More xx

Kim S said...

I love the contrast between the soft white poinsettia and the grid. The hints of gold are a fabulous touch!

Mimi said...

Oooh, striking card! Love it!

Cécile RIBON said...

Wow ! So so beautiful! I totally love your classy poinsettia on the graphical banner. So trendy and elegant

lauren bergold said...

holy moly, that is AH-MAY-ZING!!! totally blowing my mind with your awesome CAS masterpiece, thanks for celebrating holiday flowers with us at JINGLE BELLES! <3