Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Freshly Made Sketches 305

I'm in a bit of a Christmas mood apparently as I celebrate a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.   This week our hostess is Amy.  At first glance her sketch is uber CAS but if you look a bit longer you'll see the possibilities are endless if you feel like embellishing a bit!



I'll confess that the color challenge at The Paper Players is what put me in mind of Christmas.  I see silver and immediately I think of elegant Christmas cards.  I used some silver shimmery paper along with a silver heat-embossed sentiment and I just love how they look together - especially paired with the pink poinsettia.


Thanks for stopping by!  And don't forget our new challenge at Freshly Made Sketches.  Our fabulous design team has made some beautiful cards to get you in the crafty mood so check them out!  I hope we'll see you in the gallery!

Supplies
Stamps:  Jingle All the Way (Technique Tuesday)
Paper:  Cloud White (Reverse Confetti); Pink Pirouette, Pear Pizzazz, Vellum (Stampin' Up!); Silver Sparkle (Reflections)
Ink:  Silvery Shimmer Delicata (Tsukineko)
Accessories:  Blooming Poinsettia die (Memory Box); silver embossing powder

8 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

This is definitely elegant.....and I love the pink poinsettia!

Jen Timko said...

I love this color scheme with the poinsettias. Really beautiful!! The bit of shimmer is a great touch!

Lisa Elton said...

Ohhhh, I LOVE this! Your pink poinsettia and the bit of sparkly silver are perfect together!

Karren said...

You're killing me with your steady supply of Christmas cards :) This is another gorgeous card - the pink poinsettia is so very pretty.

laurie said...

Awesome card! Beautiful bloom, so soft and elegant for the holidays. thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

Jaydee said...

Jen, I love that you went with a pink poinsettia instead of the red. It creates such a beautiful, soft and subtle Christmas card. Another gorgeous CAS creation. So glad you shared it with us at the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

Jen Brum said...

Oh Jen! This card is gorgeous! I love that pink poinsettia! What a sweet sentiment! So perfect for Christmas!

Amy O said...

Oh, I love the pink poinsettia! My mind always automatically goes to red when I see a poinsettia stamp or die, and I need to remember that pink is so pretty. Love how you've used it with the sketch too.