Thursday, November 2, 2017

CAS(E) This Sketch 242

When I first saw the latest CAS(E) This Sketch I said to myself "uh-oh."  The background seemed (to me, anyway) perfect for some splashly watercolors - just the thing I am horrible at doing.  But since I'm a good card-maker who likes to prepare for all eventualities I had some stamps in my stash that mimiced a watercolor background and I was good to go!



My faux watercolor background in shades of blue plus the leaves done in the colors of autumn fit perfectly with the latest Fusion challenge and Addicted to CAS challenge.  I've been experimenting with some alcohol inks to create interesting backgrounds and the colors of the leaves here were made with some classic colors of autumn plus a bit of gold to liven things up.  The sentiment was created by stacking several layers of a die cut.  This looks pretty good to my eye!

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you can check out the CAS(E) This Sketches design team for some inspiration this week.

Supplies
Stamps:  Jumbo Abstract Art (My Favorite Things); Fonds Grunge (4enscrap)
Paper:  Naturals White (Neenah); Midnight Muse, Bashful Blue (Stampin' Up!); glossy white (Ranger)
Ink:  Bashful Blue, Not Quite Navy, Marina Mist, Midnight Muse (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories:  Thanks Script die (Mama Elephant); Stitched Leaves die (Lawn Fawn)

10 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Oh I love the "splashy watercolor" effect you created on this card! So gorgeous!

I'd love for you to link this lovely creation up to the Cropstop blog where anything goes as long as you use something from one of the companies they carry in the store. (You did!)
You can find the current link party here:
http://www.cropstop.com/blog/autumn/october-challenge-link-party-33/

Linda Callahan said...

That splashy faux watercoloring looks fab to me! Beautiful fall card!

Lisa Elton said...

Marvelous take on the sketch Jen, this is such a pretty card!

Leigh Penner said...

I love this! Fabulous take on the sketch!

TaeEun said...

Very stylish thank you card with an autumnal touch! The alcohol inked leaves look awesome!!!

I Card Everyone said...

HELLO?! the color scheme, the stamping, and the gorgeous leaves combine to make the most beautiful rendition of that very tricky Sketch! a spectacular card, Jen.
thanks, you little peek-er, you... xxoo
=]

Barb Ghig said...

Your faux watercolor background paired with those gorgeous autumn leaves is just perfect, Jen! You have really nailed the sketch and the 'Leaves' challenge at ATCAS! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week!

cm said...

Your pretty fall leaves and eye-catching faux watercolour background have brought a smile to my face, especially as we're already shifted from autumn to winter here! A lovely thanks card sure to warm the heart of the lucky person receiving it! Thank you for sharing your creativity in the FUSION gallery; hope you'll join us in the next one, too!
~carol

anja curvers said...

Wow very pretty love it. Thanks for joining us over at ATCAS.

Papercraft Boutique said...

What a fabulous and artsy card, Jen! I love your bold faux watercoloring and the stunning leaves! Hideko